One Stop Short of Barking (formerly Mind the Gap) - Making of the Book by Mecca Ibrahim

One Stop Short of Barking (formerly Mind the Gap) - Making of the Book by Mecca Ibrahim

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Do you have "One Stop Short of Barking by Mecca Ibrahim"?


Do you have "One Stop Short of Barking by Mecca Ibrahim"?

Today I found a post "Adventures in Book Buying" by a very nice lady called Anna who was trying to get hold of my book "a silly book in the Underground that I keep wanting to buy and then think, oh come on, it's too silly,"

She visits a number of book shops and due to classification difficulties (is it humour, is it travel, is it london, is it transport) initially can't find it and then does. Yay!

Loving this part though - "The Results:

a. One Stop Short of Barking (I bought this book mostly because its author has the triumphantly Londonish name of Mecca Ibrahim)"

Thanks Anna, you've made my day! I never knew I had a "triumphantly Londonish name" before now!


Home