One Stop Short of Barking (formerly Mind the Gap) - Making of the Book by Mecca Ibrahim

One Stop Short of Barking (formerly Mind the Gap) - Making of the Book by Mecca Ibrahim

Thursday, January 15, 2004


Dear Diary - What I did over Xmas

Corrected and added captions to second proofs

Dear Diary - What I did today

Saw the third proofs of the book and saw that it now has an ISBN number and a bar code and a front cover and a spine and blurb on the back and my name on it and everything. V. v. good.

Sorry, I did revert to being an excited kid though when New Holland biked the third set of proofs over to me. I think it is now really beginning to sink in that this book will actually be in the shops this year and I don't have to say, "It's coming out next year" anymore.

The proofs look great. We had a few problems with some of the pictures as they were shots from films and would have been ridiculously expensive. But Camilla, my editor, has ably come up with some great alternatives and without giving anything away, I had a good laugh at the pictures of TV presenter, Paul Ross and top British actor, James Bolam - who both appear in my book. They're both connected with the London Underground in some way which sounds bizarre but true.

Just like the book itself really.


Home