One Stop Short of Barking (formerly Mind the Gap) - Making of the Book by Mecca Ibrahim

One Stop Short of Barking (formerly Mind the Gap) - Making of the Book by Mecca Ibrahim

Friday, December 05, 2003


Lunch with publisher

Had another great lunch with my publishing manager, Jo Hemmings. It was a lot of fun and although we hardly spoke about my book at all (lots of other more private stuff), it meant that I got an invite to New Holland's Xmas Party in a couple of weeks time which I'm really looking forward to.

Jo's just had her own book published - The Dating Game - which is a top book. Very funny but full of practical advice too as she has a psychology background.

I still had that weird sensation when I was sitting in their reception waiting for Jo and seeing the posters for Men and Sheds (their surprise bestseller last year) and what looks like is going to be their new Xmas bestseller Extreme Ironing, thinking maybe this time next year there'll be a poster for my book on the wall.

Extreme Ironing, is getting shedloads of publicity (excuse mentioning "shed" in two paragraphs), was in the Sunday Times recommended books last week and is on a Waterstone's special offer and on their posters for Xmas gifts.


Home