One Stop Short of Barking (formerly Mind the Gap) - Making of the Book by Mecca Ibrahim

One Stop Short of Barking (formerly Mind the Gap) - Making of the Book by Mecca Ibrahim

Friday, October 31, 2003


First round of copy editing finished

Text got back from the copy editor now with a lot of questions for me and a few very small re-writes. I was amazed at how thorough the copy editing was, not just from the point of view of grammer and typo's and potentially libellous stuff, but in terms of the facts. I suppose I thought that if a book is often tongue in cheek and quirky it didn't matter too much about the facts.

Luckily me and my co-researcher, Annie had actually done a lot of research for the book, so most of the factual questions involved a few inconsistencies on dates and asking me to back up some of the things I'd written from a historical perspective. So it was good to get back and say - "Yep, I got that from Underground to Everywhere page X", or "Ah but X was actually in this position when he made the following quote - see London Under London page Y"


Home