One Stop Short of Barking (formerly Mind the Gap) - Making of the Book by Mecca Ibrahim

One Stop Short of Barking (formerly Mind the Gap) - Making of the Book by Mecca Ibrahim

Tuesday, July 01, 2003


OK it's official - I AM A TRAINSPOTTER - but for purposes of research only. I am (and I can hardly type this) "A Friend of the London Transport Museum", it's the best way for me to get cheap visits to their vast photo library. For the first time in over 12 years I went to the museum (my first visit was at a drunken works Xmas party where we lurched around old buses and had our pictures taken in the tube carriages). I must say I felt a bit like a pervert as the only unaccompanied adults at the place looked like true train spotters and were all men. All other women were teachers or harrassed mums with hoardes of school children jumping over everything.

Anyway - it's interesting - if you like trains and buses and taxi's. And I left having secured my first appointment in the photo library archives next Tuesday - which was the main object of the exercise - honest guv.


Home